They say cold and beer go together like the Saint Paul Winter Carnival and treasure hunts. Saint Paul Brewing, in conjunction with the Winter Carnival, would like to invite you to participate in the inaugural
"Hunt for the Golden Beer Can."
Somewhere out on the public lands of St. Paul the Golden Beer Can lies hidden. The lucky (or is it clever?) person who finds it will win beer and cheer for a YEAR. That is to say a free pint every day Saint Paul Brewing is open as well as the added possibility of a $100 gift card each month to Can Can Wonderland for an entire year!
This event is more than just solving clues and digging through the snow. We want to capture the community spirit of treasure hunting with our Brews and Clues events.
This hunt will kickoff *Tuesday, January 2nd*with a gathering at St. Paul Brewing for a clue release at 6:00 pm.
• Tuesday, January 2nd @ 6:00pm:
1st clue to be released in person at Saint Paul Brewing, viewable until 9:00pm.
• Wednesday, January 3rd @ 6:00pm:
1st clue to be posted via Saint Paul Brewing Facebook for those who missed it the day prior.
From all throughout our realm we call treasure hunters home to St. Paul
To invite you each, one and all to seek our golden can of beer.
On public land is where it hides. Let city limits be your guides.
Prepare to take a lot of stride if you're going to walk from here.
And thus St. Paul Brewing extends this invite to our darling friends
Where your hungting success depends on finding water of three kinds.
There's a happy end to this tale if you stay off the beaten trail.
Articles provide some detail, but not the ones that cover finds.
• Thursday, January 4th @ 6:00pm:
2nd clue to be released in person at Saint Paul Brewing, viewable until 9:00pm.
• Friday, January 5th @ 6:00pm:
2nd clue to be posted via Saint Paul Brewing Facebook for those who missed it the day prior.
Even with all the time you've got, a picnic this pursuit is not.
We've picked a rather rustic spot that doesn't evoke the city.
You're not going to need a ball, no vendors there as we recall.
Really, mostly nothing at all, but with snow the hills are pretty.
• Tuesday, January 9th @ 6:00pm:
3rd clue to be released in person at Saint Paul Brewing, viewable until 9:00pm.
• Wednesday, January 10th @ 6:00pm:
3rd clue to be posted via Saint Paul Brewing Facebook for those who missed it the day prior.
• Thursday, January 11th @ 6:00pm:
4th clue to be released in person at Saint Paul Brewing, viewable until 9:00pm.
• Friday, January 12th @ 6:00pm:
4th clue to be posted via Saint Paul Brewing Facebook for those who missed it the day prior.
... and so on until the Golden Beer Can is found, or the last clue release Feb 1st.
Get your friends together and indulge in some food and drink while you wait in line for the clue to come out. Maybe stick around for a second round, as you try to decipher the latest cryptic text. Each pint you purchase of "Winter CarnivALE" on the day of the clue will get $1 donated back to the Winter Carnival and your name entered into a drawing for a $25 dollar gift card and other door prizes.
This delicious winter ale is available exclusively at Saint Paul Brewing for the duration of the Winter Carnival festivities!
• A new clue (and another Brews and Clues event!) will come out each Tuesday and Thursday in January with the final clue, if needed, coming out on February 1st.
• You will need a 2024 Saint Paul Winter Carnival button to claim the Free Beer for a Year if you find the Golden Beer Can plus a bonus prize of $100 per month at Can Can Wonderland.
• 2024 Winter Carnival buttons are available for purchase at Saint Paul Brewing.
• The Golden Beer Can will not be hidden on private property, nor anywhere on the grounds of St. Paul Brewing. It will also not be hidden at Indian Mounds Park or Como Zoo/Conservatory. Nor will it be indoors, up a tree, on top of a building, on a body of water/ice, on a steep hillside, in something electrical, on a golf course, on a street, or in a sewer.
• Must be 21 to redeem Free Beer for a Year. If the winner does not consume alcohol or is under age, a prize of similar value will be substituted from our non-alcoholic beverage program.
Hunt smart! Hunt safe! Cheers and Happy Hunting!
We are located on the site of the original Hamm's Brewery keg house. Our patio and biergarten was once the Hamm's horse stables.
While we have no affiliation with the Hamm's beer and brand, we honor the history on our walls and within our tours.
Optional description content. Click here to add your own text and edit me.